Friday, June 21, 2013

Your Say: Should People Change Their Perspectives About Winx?

As I skipped a lot of "Thursday Your Says" because well... of school. Anyway, this article will talk about how people criticize the Winx too much about there outfits, having boyfriends etc.
Sometimes, people just can't seem to stop judging the Winx, don't they?
Read this (Painful!) Articles about Winx:


If you read it, most judgement about the Winx are there outfits! Because of how short and skimpy and maybe, a little revealing at times but I'm really not focusing on those outfits everytime I watch Winx (Even though I find it very colorful and cute sometimes...) I watch Winx because of the lessons they teach to children like friendship, never giving up and stopping pollution (Season 5) and so much more!

The other thing is that nickelodeon always promotes Believix!
As The Winx's Believix outfits are very short and revealing (except Tecna!). Anyway, I'm really not bothered by the outfits, even my parents do not seem to mind them. People will also say that winx is "unsuitable for children" or "bad role models", but if only they would take time to realize the message of the show. In the huffington post one of the article goes "These poor fairies have severe scoliosis or something. It looks painful", so what if the Winx pose that way? That's just there style! And joking about scoliosis is also bothering me since it might me people who have scoliosis feel bad. So she's not only judging Winx, she's also making people feel bad! The second post is almost the same although half of her Winx Facts are WRONG! And she's suppose to watch Winx? Yeah, She doesn't believe in winx club well, I don't believe she actually watches the show! And another thing is about the Winx having boyfriends... So? Barbie, Bratz, Monster High and other Girl shows usually have the main character (whose a girl) have boyfriends. It's normal for girl shows. 

I suggest that parents or critiques should watch first and take a look (a very good look) what the show really means or the message of the show. Winx is not about wearing skimpy, short outfits! It's about friendship!

Question: Is Winx a Bad role model? Or critiques are way to quick to judge Winx?
Comment your opinion below!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yes. I totally agree with you! I love this show and when I was a little Girl I have never really cared about what they wore. It was the whole plot of the series that I liked so much.
    And yes the outfits of the winx were also beautiful, but it didn't mean the world for me.

    ReplyDelete